Afterpay allows retailers to offer instalment plans for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four installments, due every 2 weeks.
- Simply shop with one of your favorite stores found in the Shop Directory and choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
- After you check out, the goods will be shipped to you by the retailer.
- At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date.
Otherwise we will automatically take the money from your AMEX, debit or credit card on your payment due dates.
I want to shop - how do I sign up?
You don't need to register prior to making your first Afterpay purchase. When you are making a purchase simply choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. If it’s your first time using Afterpay, you will provide payment details as usual to complete your purchase.
When will my first payment be taken?
You will pay the first installment of the purchase price at the time you place the order. If you have been shopping with Afterpay for some time and have a really good repayment history. You may find that we defer taking the first payment until 2 weeks after you make your purchase. In all cases you will be notified on screen if the first payment is due there and then or not.
First payment higher than the other three?
For some purchases, if your total order amount exceeds your Afterpay approved-spending limit the first payment may be higher than subsequent payments. Afterpay will show you how the installments are split before you pay.
Is there a cost for using Installments by Afterpay?
Installments by Afterpay is a free service offered by retailers to shoppers - there are no upfront fees charged or any interest incurred.
The only fees that may be incurred by shoppers are late fees if your scheduled payments are unsuccessfully processed. After being notified, you must login to your Afterpay account to make your payment via a different method. Late fees for shoppers in the USA are capped at 25% of the order value.
*Please note our minimum spend is $35*
Is Afterpay safe and secure?
We understand how important security is so we ensure that your personal information is protected. Afterpay is a PCI DSS Level 1 certified compliant Service Provider organization.
PCI DSS is a comprehensive set of requirements created by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council to enhance cardholder data security and to ensure the safe handling and storage of sensitive credit card information and data. This is the highest level of security in the payment industry.
When will my order ship if I pay with Afterpay?
Your order will be processed within VLux's normal processing/shipping policy. Within 1 – 2 business days.
Can I call and speak to someone at Afterpay?
Afterpay is available online 7 days a week in the USA 7 am – 7 pm CST at 855-289-6014.
If I make a return and still have remaining Afterpay installments will I receive a refund?
Installments will still be due to Afterpay and you will receive a store credit from us.
Please Note: Afterpay does not approve 100% of orders. We are committed to ensuring we support responsible spending.
When determining which orders to approve, Afterpay considers a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper using Afterpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider:
- are there sufficient funds on your card (generally we look to see the first installment amount available to spend)
- length of time you have been using Afterpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- the value of the order you are trying to place, it may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- the number of orders you currently have 'open' with us (not a guarantee)